Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hungarian-American mathematician known for numerous basic contributions to geometry.
- For his deep discoveries in topology and differential geometry and their applications to Lie groups, differential operators and mathematical physics.
American, of Hungarian origin
- Born: September 24, 1923 in Budapest, Hungary
- Died: December 20, 2005 in San Diego, California
Theorems and Definitions
- Atiyah-Bott Fixed-Point Theorem (with Michael Francis Atiyah)
- Borel-Bott-Weil Theorem (with Armand Borel and André Abraham Weil) (also known as Borel-Weil-Bott Theorem)
- Bott-Milnor-Kervaire 1,2,4,8 Theorem (with John Willard Milnor and Michel André Kervaire)
- Chern-Bott Formula (with Shiing-Shen Chern)
- Bott Cannibalistic Class
- Bott-Samelson Variety (with Hans Samelson)
- Morse-Bott Function (with Harold Calvin Marston Morse)
Results named for Raoul Bott can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Raoul Bott can be found here.
- 1947: Electrical Network Theory