Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hungarian-American mathematician known for numerous basic contributions to geometry.
American, of Hungarian origin
- Born: September 24, 1923 in Budapest, Hungary
- Died: December 20, 2005 in San Diego, California
Theorems and Definitions
- Bott Periodicity Theorem
- Borel-Bott-Weil Theorem (with Armand Borel and André Weil)
- Atiyah–Bott Fixed-Point Theorem (with Michael Francis Atiyah)
- Morse-Bott Function (with Harold Calvin Marston Morse)
- Bott-Samelson Variety (with Hans Samelson)
- Bott Residue Formula for Complex Manifolds
- Bott Cannibalistic Class
- Bott-Milnor-Kervaire 1,2,4,8 Theorem (with John Willard Milnor and Michel André Kervaire)
Results named for Raoul Bott can be found here.
- 1947: Electrical Network Theory