Mathematician:Niels Fabian Helge von Koch
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Swedish mathematician who gave his name to the famous fractal known as the Koch snowflake, one of the earliest fractal curves to be described.
- Born: 25 January 1870 in Stockholm, Sweden
- Died: 11 March 1924 in Danderyd, Stockholm, Sweden
Theorems and Definitions
- Koch Snowflake, also known as the Koch Curve
Definitions of concepts named for Niels Fabian Helge von Koch can be found here.
- 1901: Sur la distribution des nombres premiers
- 1904: Sur une courbe continue sans tangente, obtenue par une construction géométrique élémentaire
- 1910: Contribution à la théorie des nombres premiers
Also known as
Usually known as Helge von Koch.
- John J. O'Connor and Edmund F. Robertson: "Niels Fabian Helge von Koch": MacTutor History of Mathematics archive
- 1991: David Wells: Curious and Interesting Geometry ... (previous) ... (next): A Chronological List Of Mathematicians