Mathematician:Nils John Nilsson
Jump to navigation Jump to search
American mathematician who was one of the founders in the field of artificial intelligence.
- Born: February 6, 1933 in Saginaw, Michigan, U.S.
- Died: April 23, 2019 in Medford, Oregon, U.S.
- 1968: A Formal Basis for the Heuristic Determination of Minimum Cost Paths (with P.E. Hart and B. Raphael): IEEE Transactions on Systems Science and Cybernetics SSC4 4 (2)
- 1971: STRIPS: A new approach to the application of theorem proving to problem solving (with Richard Fikes): Artificial Intelligence 2: 189–208
- 1980: Principles of Artificial Intelligence
- 1987: Logical Foundations of Artificial Intelligence (with Michael R. Genesereth)