Mathematician:Thomas Little Heath
(Redirected from Mathematician:Sir Thomas L. Heath)
English Civil servant who is best known for his scholarly translations of the Greek classics of mathematics into English.
- Born: 5 Oct 1861, Barnetby le Wold, Lincoln, England
- Died: 16 March 1940, Ashtead, Surrey, England
- 1885: Diophantus of Alexandria: a Study in the History of Greek Algebra
- 1896: Apollonius of Perga: Treatise on Conic Sections
- 1897: Archimedes: Works
- 1908: Euclid: The Thirteen Books of The Elements
- 1912: Archimedes: Works (2nd Edition, includes the newly-discovered Method)
- 1913: Aristarchus of Samos, the Ancient Copernicus
- 1921: A History of Greek Mathematics
- 1926: Euclid: The Thirteen Books of The Elements, 2nd ed.
- 1931: A Manual of Greek Mathematics
- 1932: Greek Astronomy
- 1949: Mathematics in Aristotle