Mathematician:Stephen Cole Kleene
Jump to navigation Jump to search
American mathematician best known as one of the great pioneers in the field of recursion theory.
- Born: January 5, 1909, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
- Died: January 25, 1994, Madison, Wisconsin
Theorems and Definitions
- Kleene's Normal Form Theorem
- Kleene Closure
- Kleene Hierarchy
- Kleene-Rosser Paradox (with John Barkley Rosser Sr.)
- Kleene-Mostowski Hierarchy (with Andrzej Mostowski)
Results named for Stephen Cole Kleene can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Stephen Cole Kleene can be found here.
- 1952: Introduction to Metamathematics
- 1956: Representation of Events in Nerve Nets and Finite Automata
- 1965: The Foundations of Intuitionistic Mathematics (with Richard Eugene Vesley)
- 1967: Mathematical Logic
- 1981: Origins of Recursive Function Theory