Jump to navigation Jump to search
Austrian-born American mathematician who worked in finite group theory and representation theory.
- Born: 26 October 1930 in Vienna, Austria
- Died: 29 July 2004 in Branford, Connecticut, USA
Theorems and Definitions
- Feit-Thompson Conjecture (with John Griggs Thompson)
- Feit-Thompson Theorem (with John Griggs Thompson)
Results named for Walter Feit can be found here.
- 1955: Topics in the Theory of Group Characters
- 1963: Solvability of groups of odd order (Pacific Journal of Mathematics Vol. 13: 775 – 1029) (with John Griggs Thompson)
- 1967: $p$-adic and modular representations of finite groups
- 1970: The Current Situation in the Theory of Finite Simple Groups
- 1990: The construction of Galois groups