User:StarTower/Structure Notes/Also see
This page is about the subsections of pages titled Also see (example: Definition:Mapping#Also see).
The current instructions on how to write this are here: Help:Page_Editing#Also_see.
This page is not intended to contain prescriptive statements.
The general observations here may be converted into prescriptive conventions in the relevant help section.
It is almost always a bullet point list of this format:
== Also see == * [[Check This Out 1]], optional comment 1. * [[Check This Out 2]], optional comment 2. * Etc.
Non-arcane exceptions have been found:
- Definition:Permutable Subgroups#Also see, where an indented list format is used.
- Definition:Coarser Topology#Also see, where a sentence is used.
In the cases where a bullet point list is used, there are occasional breaks in the list:
It is believed to be (like the page naming character case choice convention) part of the collectively coinciding editor base member's tastes.
Some general observations of the ordering of the links:
- If a link $B$ is semantically dependent on a link $A$, then $A$ should precede $B$ in the list. As shown here: Abscissa of Convergence#Also see, where Dirichlet Series Convergence Lemma depends on the concept Definition:Dirichlet Series.
- The possible uses of the LinkToCategory template should succeed all definition and theorem links.
- More may follow. --StarTower (talk) 03:16, 25 January 2014 (UTC)