Welcome to ProofWiki! Since you're new, you may want to check out the general help page. It's the best first stop to see how things are done (next to reading proofs, of course!). Please feel free to contribute to whichever area of mathematics interests you, either by adding new proofs, or fixing up existing ones. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, or post your question on the questions page.
Here are some useful pages to help get you started:
- Community Portal - To see what needs to be done, and keep up to date with the community.
- Recent Changes - To keep up with what's new, and what's being added.
- Main Page talk - This is where most of the main discussions regarding the direction of the site talk place. If you have any ideas, please share them!
Links to other pages
First, thanks for your contributions to ProofWiki. I do have a couple of quick requests for when you link to other pages.
- When you link to pages outside the main namespage (for example Mathematician:Adrien-Marie Legendre), please rename the link by adding a | (shift \) followed by a title after the full name of the page. For example: link to Mathematician:Adrien-Marie Legendre by typing [[Mathematician:Adrien-Marie Legendre|Adrien-Marie Legendre]]. This will create a link to the proper page, but with a easier to read name.
- Remember that terms are defined on definition pages. Something like the Legendre Constant should be linked to like this: [[Definition:Legendre Constant|Legendre Constant]]