Book:Antonio J. Durán/The Poetry of Numbers
Antonio J. Durán: The Poetry of Numbers: The role of beauty in mathematics
Published $2017$, National Geographic
- ISBN 978-84-473-8933-9.
National Geographic "Our Mathematical World" series: $27$
- Chapter 1. Where is the Beauty in Mathematics?
- Chapter 2. Why is it Difficult to Appreciate the Beauty of Mathematics?
- Chapter 3. The Abstract and the Emotional: Mathematics and the Human Condition
- Chapter 4. Objective: The Beauty of Mathematical Reasoning
- Chapter 5. History and Beauty
- Cantor visited Britain for the first time in September $1911$, having been invited to the celebrations of the $500$th anniversary of St Andrews University in Scotland.
- -- Read by Prime.mover a mere $2$ days after acquiring a first edition of University of Saint Andrews Five Hundredth Anniversary Memorial Volume. Coincidence or what?