This category contains results which can be exploited as general techniques for proving further results. Definitions specific to this category can be found in Definitions/Proof Techniques.
This category has the following 18 subcategories, out of 18 total.
- ► Abel's Lemma (13 P)
- ► Greedy Algorithms (1 C, 5 P)
- ► Laplace Transform Determination (7 P)
Pages in category "Proof Techniques"
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total.
- Method of Infinite Descent
- Method of Infinite Descent/Historical Note
- Method of Truth Tables
- Method of Truth Tables/Proof of Interderivability
- Method of Truth Tables/Proof of Logical Implication
- Method of Truth Tables/Proof of Tautology
- Method of Undetermined Coefficients
- Method of Variation of Parameters
- Polynomial Long Division
- Principle of Dilemma
- Principle of Finite Induction
- Principle of General Induction
- Principle of General Induction/Minimally Closed Class
- Principle of Least Counterexample
- Principle of Mathematical Induction
- Proof by Contradiction
- Proof by Contraposition
- Proof by Counterexample
- Second Principle of Finite Induction
- Second Principle of Mathematical Induction
- Separation of Variables
- Separation of Variables/General Result
- Solution by Integrating Factor
- Solution of Equation using Integral Transform
- Solution to Linear First Order Ordinary Differential Equation/Solution by Integrating Factor
- Standard Machinery