Jump to navigation Jump to search
A quartic equation is a polynomial equation of the form:
- $a x^4 + b x^3 + c x^2 + d x + e$
The quartic equation:
- $6 z^4 - 25 z^3 + 32 z^2 + 3 z - 10 = 0$
- $-\dfrac 1 2, \dfrac 2 3, 2 + i, 2 - 1$
- Results about quartic equations can be found here.
- 1968: Murray R. Spiegel: Mathematical Handbook of Formulas and Tables ... (previous) ... (next): $\S 9$: Solutions of Algebraic Equations: Quartic Equation
- 2008: David Joyner: Adventures in Group Theory (2nd ed.) ... (previous) ... (next): Where to begin...
- 2014: Christopher Clapham and James Nicholson: The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Mathematics (5th ed.) ... (previous) ... (next): Entry: quartic equation