Mathematician:Scipione del Ferro
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Contributed towards the rationalization of fractions.
- Born: 6 Feb 1465, Bologna, Italy
- Died: 5 Nov 1526, Bologna, Italy
- Cardano's Formula, possibly also Ferrari's Method. It is difficult to be certain exactly who these early results originated with.
- A famous notebook, which appears unfortunately not to have survived.
Also known as
Also reported by some sources as Scipio del Ferro.
- John J. O'Connor and Edmund F. Robertson: "Scipione del Ferro": MacTutor History of Mathematics archive
- 1971: Allan Clark: Elements of Abstract Algebra ... (previous) ... (next): Introduction
- 2004: Ian Stewart: Galois Theory (3rd ed.) ... (previous) ... (next): Historical Introduction: Polynomial Equations
- 2008: Ian Stewart: Taming the Infinite ... (previous) ... (next): Chapter $4$: Lure of the Unknown: Cubic equations