Mathematician:Arthur Norton Milgram
Jump to navigation Jump to search
American mathematician who worked on functional analysis, combinatorics, differential geometry, topology, partial differential equations, and Galois theory.
- Born: 3 June 1912, Philadelphia, US
- Died: 30 January 1961
Theorems and Definitions
- Lax-Milgram Theorem (with Peter David Lax)
- Babuška-Lax-Milgram Theorem (with Ivo M. Babuška and Peter David Lax)
- Lions-Lax-Milgram Theorem (with Jacques-Louis Lions and Peter David Lax)
- Also proved Dilworth's Theorem in 1947 (with Tibor Gallai) but failed to publish, and Robert Palmer Dilworth got there first.