Mathematician:Carl Ludwig Siegel
Jump to navigation Jump to search
German mathematician specialising in analytic number theory.
- Born: 31 December 1896 in Berlin, Germany
- Died: 4 April 1981 in Göttingen, Germany
Theorems and Definitions
- Brauer-Siegel Theorem (with Richard Dagobert Brauer)
- Riemann-Siegel Formula (with Georg Friedrich Bernhard Riemann)
- Riemann-Siegel Integral Formula (with Georg Friedrich Bernhard Riemann)
- Siegel-Walfisz Theorem (with Arnold Walfisz)
- Smith-Minkowski-Siegel Mass Formula (with Henry John Stephen Smith and Hermann Minkowski)
- Thue-Siegel-Roth Theorem (with Axel Thue and Klaus Friedrich Roth)
Results named for Carl Ludwig Siegel can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Carl Ludwig Siegel can be found here.
- 1944: Algebraic Numbers whose Conjugates lie in the Unit Circle (Duke Math. J. Vol. 11: 597 – 602)
- 1949: Transcendental Numbers