Mathematician:Derrick Norman Lehmer
Jump to navigation Jump to search
American mathematician active mainly in the field of number theory.
The father of Derrick Henry ("Dick") Lehmer.
He was also a gifted musician, writer and composer.
Factorised Jevons' number.
- Born: 27 July 1867, Somerset, Indiana, USA
- Died: 8 September 1938, Berkeley, California, USA
- 1903: A Theorem in the Theory of Numbers (read before the San Francisco Section of the American Mathematical Society, Dec. 19, 1903)
- 1909: Factor table for the first ten millions containing the smallest factor of every number not divisible by 2, 3, 5, or 7 between the limits 0 and 10017000
- 1914: List of prime numbers from 1 to 10006721
- 1917: An Elementary Course in Synthetic Projective Geometry
- 1923: On the Multiplication of Large Numbers (Amer. Math. Monthly Vol. 30: pp. 67 – 68) www.jstor.org/stable/2298483
- 1929: Factor Stencils (on which he worked with Dick Lehmer)
- 1936: The Crystal Gazers (unpublished play)
- 1933: The Harvest
- 1935: The Necklace of the Sun : A Mayan Drama
- 1924: Seven Indian Songs from the Yosemite Valley
- 1927: Down the stream and other Indian songs
- 1930: Indian camp-fire songs
- 1931: Indian songs from the Northland
- 1931: Fingers of the sun and other Indian songs from the Sierra slopes
- 1932: Songs from the Mesas
- 1932: Songs from the Tundras
- 1937: The Ballad of San Francisco Bay
- 1937: Five Little songs
- John J. O'Connor and Edmund F. Robertson: "Derrick Norman Lehmer": MacTutor History of Mathematics archive