Mathematician:Eliakim Hastings Moore
Jump to navigation Jump to search
American mathematician working in abstract algebra and the foundations of geometry, among others.
- Born: 26 January 1862 in Marietta, Ohio, USA
- Died: 30 December 1932 in Chicago, Illinois, USA
Theorems and Definitions
- Moore-Penrose Pseudoinverse (independently of Roger Penrose), also known as a Moore-Penrose Inverse
- Moore-Smith Sequence (with Herman Lyle Smith)
- Moore Matrix over a Galois field
- Moore Determinant of a Hermitian matrix
- Moore-Osgood Theorem (with William Fogg Osgood)
Results named for Eliakim Hastings Moore can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Eliakim Hastings Moore can be found here.
- 1902: On the projective axioms of geometry
- 1922: A General Theory of Limits (Amer. J. Math. Vol. 44, no. 2: 102 – 121) (with H.L. Smith)