Mathematician:Hans Julius Zassenhaus
German mathematician who did significant work in abstract algebra, and also pioneered the science of computer algebra.
- Born: 28 May 1912, Koblenz-Moselweiss, Germany
- Died: 21 Nov 1991 in Columbus, Ohio, USA
Theorems and Definitions
- Schreier-Zassenhaus Theorem (with Otto Schreier)
- Zassenhaus Lemma
- Zassenhaus Group
- Zassenhaus Dual Expansion
- Cantor-Zassenhaus Algorithm (with David G. Cantor)
- Schur-Zassenhaus Theorem (with Issai Schur)
Results named for Hans Julius Zassenhaus can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Hans Julius Zassenhaus can be found here.
- 1937: Lehrbuch der Gruppentheorie (Textbook of group theory)