Jump to navigation Jump to search
German mathematician who worked on the fields of topology and geometry.
- Born: 19 November 1894 in Gräbschen (near Breslau), Germany (now Wrocław, Poland)
- Died: 3 June 1971 in Zollikon, Switzerland
Theorems and Definitions
- Poincaré-Hopf Theorem (with Jules Henri Poincaré)
- Hopf Algebra
- Hopf Fibration
- Hopf Invariant
- Hopf Soliton
- Hopf Map
- Hopf-Rinow Theorem (with Willi Ludwig August Rinow)
- Hopf Manifold
- Hopf Surface
- Hopf Link
- Hopf Theorem
- Hopf Conjecture
- Killing-Hopf Theorem (with Wilhelm Karl Joseph Killing)
Results named for Heinz Hopf can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Heinz Hopf can be found here.
- 1926: Zum Clifford-Kleinschen Raumproblem (Math. Ann. Vol. 95, no. 1: pp. 313 – 339)