Mathematician:John Horton Conway
(Redirected from Mathematician:J.H. Conway)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Inventor of The Game of Life.
Not to be confused with John Bligh Conway.
- Born: 26 Dec 1937, Liverpool, England
- Died: 11 Apr 2020
Theorems and Definitions
Definitions of concepts named for John Horton Conway can be found here.
- 1982: Winning Ways for your Mathematical Plays (with Elwyn Berlekamp and Richard K. Guy)
- 1996: The Book of Numbers (with Richard K. Guy)
- 1999: Sphere Packings, Lattices, and Groups, 3rd ed. (with N.J.A. Sloane)
- 2003: On Quaternions And Octonions (with Derek A. Smith)
- 2006: The Free Will Theorem (Foundations of Physics Vol. 36, no. 10: p. 1441) (with Simon B. Kochen)
- I do have a big ego! As I often say, modesty is my only vice. If I weren’t so modest, I’d be perfect.