Mathematician:Karl Wilhelm Feuerbach
German geometer best known for Feuerbach's Theorem.
Introduced homogeneous coordinates in $1827$, independently of August Ferdinand Möbius.
Suffered from mental illness, probably brought on by months of imprisonment as a student for political reasons, and died a recluse.
- Born: 30 May 1800 in Jena, Holy Roman Empire
- Died: 12 March 1834 in Erlangen, Germany
Theorems and Definitions
Results named for Karl Wilhelm Feuerbach can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Karl Wilhelm Feuerbach can be found here.
- 1822: Eigenschaften einiger merkwürdigen Punkte des geradlinigen Dreiecks und mehrerer durch sie bestimmten Linien und Figuren. Eine analytisch-trigonometrische Abhandlung (Properties of some special points in the plane of a triangle, and various lines and figures determined by these points: an analytic-trigonometric treatment)
- 1827: Grundriss zu analytischen Untersuchungen der dreyeckigen Pyramide (Foundations of the analytic theory of the triangular pyramid)
- John J. O'Connor and Edmund F. Robertson: "Karl Wilhelm Feuerbach": MacTutor History of Mathematics archive