Jump to navigation Jump to search
Let $S$ and $P$ be predicates.
|\((A)\)||$:$||Universal Affirmative:||Every $S$ is $P$|
|\((E)\)||$:$||Universal Negative:||No $S$ is $P$|
|\((I)\)||$:$||Particular Affirmative:||Some $S$ is $P$|
|\((O)\)||$:$||Particular Negative:||Some $S$ is not $P$|
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Categorical Syllogisms (17 P)
Pages in category "Categorical Statements"
The following 11 pages are in this category, out of 11 total.
- Universal Affirmative and Negative are both False iff Particular Affirmative and Negative are both True
- Universal Affirmative and Particular Negative are Contradictory
- Universal Affirmative and Universal Negative are Contrary iff First Predicate is not Vacuous
- Universal Affirmative implies Particular Affirmative iff First Predicate is not Vacuous
- Universal Negative implies Particular Negative iff First Predicate is not Vacuous