Jump to navigation Jump to search
An assumption which is currently under question is whether or not ordinary space is itself Euclidean.
Euclidean geometry adheres to Euclid's postulates.
- Results about Euclidean geometry can be found here.
Source of Name
This entry was named for Euclid.
- 1952: T. Ewan Faulkner: Projective Geometry (2nd ed.) ... (previous) ... (next): $1.1$: Historical Note
- 1989: Ephraim J. Borowski and Jonathan M. Borwein: Dictionary of Mathematics ... (previous) ... (next): Entry: Euclidean geometry
- 2008: David Nelson: The Penguin Dictionary of Mathematics (4th ed.) ... (previous) ... (next): Entry: Euclidean geometry
- 2014: Christopher Clapham and James Nicholson: The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Mathematics (5th ed.) ... (previous) ... (next): Entry: Euclidean geometry