Let $F$ be a field.
A field extension over $F$ is a field $E$ where $F \subseteq E$.
That is, such that $F$ is a subfield of $E$.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Field Extensions"
The following 34 pages are in this category, out of 34 total.
- Decomposition of Field Extension as Separable Extension followed by Purely Inseparable
- Degree of Element of Finite Field Extension divides Degree of Extension
- Degree of Field Extensions is Multiplicative
- Degree of Simple Algebraic Field Extension equals Degree of Algebraic Number
- Doubling the Cube by Compass and Straightedge Construction is Impossible
- Field Adjoined Algebraic Elements is Algebraic
- Field Adjoined Set
- Field Adjoined Set/Corollary
- Field Norm of Complex Number Equals Field Norm
- Finite Field Extension is Algebraic
- Finite Orbit under Group of Automorphisms of Field implies Separable over Fixed Field
- Finite-Dimensional Integral Domain over Field is Field
- Finitely Generated Algebraic Extension is Finite