Mathematician:Edwin Bidwell Wilson
Jump to navigation Jump to search
American mathematician working in vector analysis and probability theory.
- Born: 25 April 1879
- Died: 28 December 1964
Theorems and Definitions
Definitions of concepts named for Edwin Bidwell Wilson can be found here.
- 1901: Vector Analysis (with J. Willard Gibbs)
- 1904: The Foundations of Mathematics (Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. Vol. 11, no. 2: pp. 74 – 93), a review of The Principles of Mathematics by Bertrand Russell
- 1912: The Space-time Manifold of Relativity. The Non-Euclidean Geometry of Mechanics and Electromagnetics (Proceedings of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences Vol. 48: pp. 387 – 507) (with Gilbert N. Lewis)
- 1912: Advanced Calculus
- 1920: Aeronautics: A Class Text
- 1927: Probable inference, the law of succession, and statistical inference (JASA Vol. 22: pp. 209 – 212) www.jstor.org/stable/2276774
- 1931: Reminiscences of Gibbs by a student and colleague (Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. Vol. 37, no. 6: pp. 401 – 416)
- John J. O'Connor and Edmund F. Robertson: "Edwin Bidwell Wilson": MacTutor History of Mathematics archive