Largely self-taught English mathematician and physicist who was one of the pioneers in the field of electrical engineering.
Invented a considerable amount of the mathematics and terminology used in electromagnetism.
- Born: 18 May 1850, Camden Town, London, England
- Died: 3 February 1925, Torquay, Devon, England
Theorems and Definitions
Results named for Oliver Heaviside can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Oliver Heaviside can be found here.
- 1885, 1886, 1887: Electromagnetic Induction and its Propagation
- 1887: Electrical Papers
- 1888/89: Electromagnetic Waves, the Propagation of Potential, and the Electromagnetic Effects of a Moving Charge
- 1889: On the Electromagnetic Effects due to the Motion of Electrification through a Dielectric
- 1892: On the Forces, Stresses, and Fluxes of Energy in the Electromagnetic Field
- 1893: A Gravitational and Electromagnetic Analogy